We went on an 8 day cruise to the Caribbean. Our 3rd cruise total, our 2nd with Carnival.
The first was to places in the Western Caribbean on the Carnival Valor, this one was to the Eastern on the Carnival Freedom.
I love the service on the cruises, your room gets cleaned in the morning, and then they clean your room and have a turn down service in the evening when you go to dinner which includes towel animals! Everyone is so friendly, and the food is so great, especially the sit down dinners, and there is no limit. If you don’t like something, you can send it back and get something else. The entertainment is fun and the shows are professional, there is always something to do (or not do).
I will be posting about our trip with photos, but here are a few tips I thought of on cruising on this trip:
- Bring stamps, there is a Postal Box on board ship in the lobby (3rd floor)
- Water, tea, lemonade, hot tea, and coffee are free, but if you like sodas or juices, it’s worth getting the ‘Bottomless Bubbles’ card. You get unlimited sodas and juices . . . if you use it twice per day, it pays for itself, otherwise you pay for drinks each time. It does not give you unlimited alcoholic drinks though.
- Sit down breakfasts and lunches are a great way to meet new people
- For girls, bring a wristlet – all you need on the boat is your ‘Sail and Sign’ Card which is your room key and what you use to buy anything on the ship, and your credit card (for locking the room safe). Leave the wallet and the cash in your room safe. I also brought my point and shoot camera with me (of course) ^^
- Bring some sort of anti-seasick pills
- Don’t forget about the Medical center on deck 0 if you do forget your seasick pills. They were about $3 per packet versus
- Get a room with a balcony or at least a window. The balcony is great for the view without having to go up on deck, to sit and read or get some fresh air when at sea, to get pictures from your balcony after docking, and for seeing when its day time or night time.
- Room Service is free! Don’t use the room service card for breakfast, just call the room service number when you want food, it will arrive in 15-30 minutes and is the freshest/hottest. It’s also 24 hours and included, so why not get spoiled 🙂
- Go to the shows, they are fun and are really well done.
- You might want to bring a waterproof camera (if you have one, or get a disposable one) if you are going snorkeling or swimming.
That’s all I can think of right now. I’ll update if I can think of anything else ^^