So I would like to ask everyone that reads this post to post a comment on what you think of or what Christmas means to you. The pros and the cons. I know a lot of people read my blog but don’t comment, but I LOVE comments and I will comment back if I can.
So here are some things that make me think of Christmas and December!
- getting together with friends
- sending out end of the year updates and cards!
- spending time with our families
- fresh baked cookies
- my birthday in December!
- (a new tradition) going to the beach to celebrate with Gary’s parents
- seeing friends in church choirs
- driving around seeing all the lights and decorations
- and last minute shopping
- those funny cartoons about Christmas time that are in e-mails fwd: fwd: fwd:
- breaking out the winter sweaters
- freezing my fingers off because I don’t really like wearing gloves
- hot looking boots!
- fuzzy slippers
- the thick warm blanket on the bed (which will in turn not make me want to get up in the mornings into the frigid cold)
- scraping the car windows in the morning
- candy canes
- gingerbread men or houses (which we have yet to make)
- the heater in the car taking a while to work mostly on those very cold days and 2 seconds is too long!
- hot cocoa with marshmallows
- gary’s familys tradition of shrimp at christmas
- decorating s few trees with lights and ornaments
- making snowflakes out of tissue paper or plain white paper
- donating food to a food bank
- watching Christmas movies (my faves, the grinch cartoon version, and a white christmas)
- seeing all the real poinsettias and hoping we don’t get one
- cold toilet seats and not wanting to shower (but I do anyway and then don’t want to get out again) 😛
- thinking of all the places we want to go next year
Ok, so there is the start of my list . . . feel free to share what Christmas or December means to you in a comment to this post
For some of us, it will be back in the 70’s again and some of you, it will still be snowing, so let the memories last while they can 😀